For many companies, converting your database systems from Microsoft Access to Microsoft SQL Server can be a necessity. While for others, sticking with Microsoft Access is fine.
How can you tell when it is time to convert a database from Microsoft Access to Microsoft SQL Server?
There are a number of telltale danger signs when Microsoft Access databases turn from good to bad.
Below are just a few:
- Are you losing data that had previously been entered?
- Do you have a Microsoft Access database being used across a network and it is giving you errors?
- Do you have a Microsoft Access database being used across a network and it is crashing on you?
- Do you have fears of your data security, and users easy ability to make copies of it?
- Is your Microsoft Access database running very slowly, and taking a long time to deliver data or make updates?
- Does your database need to hold over 2 GB worth of data?
These are just a few of the danger signs you could be seeing which could indicate it's time to upgrade from Microsoft Access to Microsoft SQL Server. C Solutions specializes in Microsoft Access to Microsoft SQL Server conversions.
We have helped many companies make the leap from Microsoft Access to Microsoft
SQL Server. Contact us, we can help.
As you may know, Microsoft Access provides a system to allow your
data to be edited in Windows forms.
If you do decide to do a database conversion from Microsoft Access
to Microsoft SQL Server, you may want to strongly consider
. Simply put, Web
forms allow you, and your users, to be able to input and edit data through a Web
browser. Additionally, depending on how your network is set up, you
may be able to allow you, and your users, to be able to edit your data from
anywhere in the world they may have an Internet connection and a Web browser.
With Web forms, you and your users can be free from the shackles of having to do
your work only at your desk.
Contact us, we can help.
Or, you may decide to have a Windows
form based application
built to work with your data. We have built a number
of those for clients as well. the main benefit is, you can have a more
sophisticated User interface. the downside is, updating users program versions
to the latest available can be a pain, when compared to
most things in life, there is a trade-off. Either way, we have the experience,
and ability, to build a programming solution for you in either direction, be a
Web or Windows application solution.